What is Alopexx?
Alopexx is an investment, management, and development company focused on health care opportunities
Alopexx Enterprises, LLC is funded by the Pritzker/Vlock family office and associated trusts. The Pritzker/Vlock family office is managed by Karen Pritzker and Michael Vlock. This enterprise owns and manages a broad portfolio of public equities, consumer, biotech, industrial, medical equipment and technology businesses, several seed capital and venture funds, real estate, and has substantial private equity ownership of Global Hyatt Corporation, TransUnion LLC, Triton Container International Corporation and the Marmon Group.
Mr. Vlock and Ms. Pritzker are involved in numerous national philanthropic efforts individually and through their family foundation with emphasis on literacy, education, medicine, theatre and land preservation. Ms. Pritzker received a B.A. from Northwestern University. Mr. Vlock received a B.A. from Hampshire College and a J.D. from Boston College School of Law.
Prior to the establishment of Alopexx Enterprises, the Pritzker/Vlock family office had invested in a broad portfolio of pharmaceutical, medical device and medical technology companies. These include companies in which they own a controlling interest (these companies currently employ approximately 1000 and have annual revenue of ~$400M), and those in which they have a substantial minority. Alopexx Enterprises is interested in investment and development of early stage opportunities.
Companies controlled by the Pritzker/Vlock family office
- Acumed- global leader and pioneer of innovative devices used in the treatment of fractures and other orthopedic conditions.
- Access Medical Ventures – a U.S based venture capital fund that focuses specifically on investing and advancing medical device start-ups.
- Alopexx Pharmaceuticals – Monoclonal antibody for the treatment and prevention of staphylococcal and other bacterial infections
- Contramed – developing novel IUD for birth control
- MicroAire – designer, manufacturer and distributor of surgical products in four key areas: orthopaedics, orthopaedic power instruments, value disposables and aesthetic plastic surgery
- MOE Medical Devices – medical and aesthetic applications of low temperature plasma.
- OsteoMed- developer, manufacturer and marketer of specialty medical devices, surgical implants and powered surgical instruments
- Precision Edge – contract manufacturer of fine surgical components, cutting tools and accessories
- Retia Medical – less-invasive monitors for high risk patients in the OR and ICU.
- Skeletal Kinetics – developed, manufactures and markets Callos®, a proprietary next generation calcium phosphate bone fixation cement designed for use in regions of compromised cancellous bone resulting from trauma fractures.
- Vascular Insights – designs, develops, manufactures and markets medical devices for the minimally invasive treatment of peripheral vascular disease
Companies in which the Pritzker/Vlock family has a substantial minority interest
- Innopharma – research and development company, focused on developing niche generic and specialty pharmaceutical products
- MoMelanInc – developer of a device to treat skin disorders by expanding the surface area of skin grafts
- Kolltan Pharmaceuticals – develops novel monoclonal antibody (mAb) and small-molecule drugs targeting receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs) targeting oncogenic mutations associated with a variety of human cancers.
- Putney – provider of high quality, bioequivalent and specialty drugs supporting the U.S. veterinary community.
- VM Pharmaceuticals – Allosteric oral TrkA inhibitor for the treatment of chronic pain